The Utah Coalition for Caregiver Support is a diverse group of caregiver advocates organized in 2002 and officially became the first statewide coalition for caregiver support. As a coalition we:
- Provide advocacy, information, education, and community awareness
- Respond to community needs and provide for needs of caregivers now and in the future
- Improve public, private, and nonprofit collaboration
- Consolidate and share information
- Assist caregivers statewide, including regionally, culturally, and ethnically diverse areas
- Provide a forum to exchange issues and information
- Develop and share advocacy campaigns
- Create easy access to resources
- Promote awareness of caregiving and its challenges
By bringing caregiving issues to the surface, the coalition:
- Validates caregiving and the challenges caregivers face
- Empowers caregivers and care recipients by helping them identify and access resources
- Provides choices
- Advocates for caregivers
- Assists people in identifying themselves as caregivers.
The coalition assists relevant service agencies by providing referrals and recognizing similar missions among agencies and supporting their efforts. The coalition also provides an opportunity for collaboration among caregivers and caregiving professionals for the sake of improving the quality of care and life of both caregivers and care recipients.
Providing Utah caregivers with knowledge and access to resources that support them.
Creating awareness of caregiving issues and improving the quality of life for caregivers and care recipients through advocacy, information, support, and access to resources.
The Utah Coalition for Caregiver Support (UCCS) welcomes new membership. All who are interested in issues related to caregiving are invited and welcomed. Our members are interested in making the world a better place for caregivers. The expectation of membership involves active participation in meetings and other Coalition activities. Our Vision and Mission have given us the overall framework to work together in order to create a better awareness of the resources available to support the efforts caregivers make.
The Coalition meets the first Wednesday of every month from 12-2pm. Meetings are held at the Department of Human Services building, located at 195 North 1950 West, Salt Lake City.