Caregiver Stress Test
The following test will help you become aware of your feelings, pressures and stress you currently feel.
Which of the following are seldom true, sometimes true, often true, or usually true?
- I find I can’t get enough sleep.
- I don’t have enough time for myself.
- I don’t have time to be with other family members beside the person care for.
- I feel guilty about my situation.
- I don’t get out much anymore.
- I have conflict with the person I care for.
- I have conflicts with other family members.
- I cry often.
- I worry about having enough money to make ends meet.
- I don’t feel I have enough knowledge or experience to give care as well as I’d like.
- My own health is not good.
- My care receiver needs constant supervision.
- I rarely get away from my caregiving situation.
If the response to one or more of these areas is usually true or often true it may be time to begin looking for help with caring for the care receiver and help in taking care of yourself.